To comply with current gas safety LANDLORDS are required to administer annual gas safety inspections ensuring the safety of their tenants and property. Gas appliance manufacturers also advise that HOME OWNERS / BUYERS have an annual safety inspection to ensure safety and peace of mind.
Heatwiz will carry out a thorough Gas Safety Inspection of all relevant appliances and pipework in the property. A Certificate detailing the inspections findings is presented as a record.
Contact Us to arrange an inspection or to discuss your gas safety needs.
What happens at a Gas Safety Inspection?
During the annual safety inspection our engineer will check the following:
- Carry out a thorough inspection of all gas appliances in the property.
- Check and test the flues.
- Ensure that the air ventilation is correct.
- Carry out a gas ‘tightness’ test at the meter to make sure that your proper ty has no leaks.
- Issuing of a gas safety certificate…
- Testing of any carbon monoxide alarms in the property.
On completion our engineer will explain what work has been carried out and ask for a signature on the gas safetycertificate.
Following the inspection is any remedial work is required then our engineer will advise how to proceed.
How Long Does it Take?
A gas safety inspection generally takes anything between 20-40 minutes, depending on the number of appliances in the property. However it may be wise to allow 60 minutes in your schedule.